- Jul 07, 5:30 p.m.Vancouver, 2036 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1, CanadaThis year to celebrate Pride within our department, CDI is hosting a pride craft night. Join us on July 7th at 5:30 PM in the Grad Lounge to crochet some lovely little bees in various pride flag colours! We will provide snacks, drinks, music, and fabulous company. Crafting kits will be provided.
- May 05, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.Zoom MeetingPlease join us for a discussion of the paper titled "Nothing About Us Without Us – Towards Genuine Inclusion of Disabled Scientists and Science Students Post Pandemic" which you can find under our 'Journal Club' tab. All faculty, staff, and students are welcome to join!
- Feb 16, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.Vancouver, Grad lounge of UBC Chemistry, 2036 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1, CanadaWe’d like to invite all graduate students and faculty to the 2022 IUPAC Global Women’s Breakfast to facilitate open discussions about EDI in the chemistry department and also allow for networking with our newer members.
- Dec 03, 2021, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.Vancouver, Grad lounge of UBC Chemistry, 2036 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1, CanadaCDI is hosting a viewing of “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” tomorrow at 6 PM in the grad lounge. Admission and pizza are free!
- Nov 25, 2021, 5:00 p.m. – Dec 01, 2021, 5:00 p.m.Online FundraiserCDI is excited to announce that we are selling holiday themed care packages again this year. These include fun gifts including a non-alcoholic beverage, chocolate, a candle, a colouring book and more. Send a care package to let a friend know you're thinking of them, and support a good cause!
- Aug 18, 2021, 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. PDTOutside D-Wing of UBC Chemistry, 2036 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1, CanadaJoin us August 18, 2021 from 3-6 pm to tie-dye your own CDI-branded tank top and receive pride goodies such as stickers, temporary tattoos, and more! Sign up via https://events.eply.com/CDIPrideTieDyeEvent3363165. Participation is limited to 40 people so sign up ASAP!
- Apr 29, 2021, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. PDTZoom MeetingFacilitated by graduate student facilitators from the CTLT, this workshop will get you to recognize examples of unconscious bias, consider and discuss the impact of unconscious bias on interactions with students and colleagues, and consider strategies that enhance inclusion in teaching and learning.
- Feb 23, 2021, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. PSTZoom MeetingIt's that time of the month: join us for a discussion of the paper titled, "Understanding how diversity training impacts faculty mentors’ awareness and behavior," which you can find under our 'Journal Club' tab.
- Jan 26, 2021, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. PSTZoom MeetingCheers to a new year and a new journal club meeting! This month, we're discussing a paper titled, "A Healthier Peer Review Process Would Improve Diversity" from last year in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. You can find the file under our 'Journal Club' tab.
- Jan 26, 2021, 12:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. PSTZoom MeetingHear from University of Oklahoma's Dr. Donna Nelson, who, among many roles and accomplishments, has fulfilled the role of science advisor for the TV show Breaking Bad. You can access the Zoom lecture via: https://ubc.zoom.us/j/67067455302?pwd=NjBDbVRwdGNSc1RjL2JVNGUvb2szQT09
- Nov 24, 2020, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. PSTZoom MeetingJoin us for another monthly journal club meeting! This month, we're discussing the paper, "Getting on top of the glass cliff: Reviewing a decade of evidence, explanations, and impact" from 2015 in The Leadership Quarterly. You can find the file under the 'Journal Club' tab.
- Nov 23, 2020, 5:00 p.m. PST – Nov 27, 2020, 5:00 p.m. PSTOnline FundraiserSend a care package to let a friend know you're thinking of them, and support a good cause while doing it! Visit https://events.eply.com/CDIHolidayCarePackages3360504?fbclid=IwAR1ksrS-7dyskdlAApbfFVMJGsc11OCK63c0FhuM8RwBb6j6BZu1-t2OfkU to place your order!