- Tie-Dye & PrideAug. 18, 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. PDTOutside D-Wing of UBC Chemistry, 2036 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1, CanadaJoin us August 18, 2021 from 3-6 pm to tie-dye your own CDI-branded tank top and receive pride goodies such as stickers, temporary tattoos, and more! Sign up via https://events.eply.com/CDIPrideTieDyeEvent3363165. Participation is limited to 40 people so sign up ASAP!
- "The Impact of Unconscious Bias in Teaching and Learning" WorkshopApr. 29, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. PDTZoom MeetingFacilitated by graduate student facilitators from the CTLT, this workshop will get you to recognize examples of unconscious bias, consider and discuss the impact of unconscious bias on interactions with students and colleagues, and consider strategies that enhance inclusion in teaching and learning.
- January Journal Club MeetingJan. 26, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. PSTZoom MeetingCheers to a new year and a new journal club meeting! This month, we're discussing a paper titled, "A Healthier Peer Review Process Would Improve Diversity" from last year in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. You can find the file under our 'Journal Club' tab.
- Lectures in Modern Chemistry: Donna NelsonJan. 26, 12:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. PSTZoom MeetingHear from University of Oklahoma's Dr. Donna Nelson, who, among many roles and accomplishments, has fulfilled the role of science advisor for the TV show Breaking Bad. You can access the Zoom lecture via: https://ubc.zoom.us/j/67067455302?pwd=NjBDbVRwdGNSc1RjL2JVNGUvb2szQT09
- November Journal Club MeetingNov. 24, 2020, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. PSTZoom MeetingJoin us for another monthly journal club meeting! This month, we're discussing the paper, "Getting on top of the glass cliff: Reviewing a decade of evidence, explanations, and impact" from 2015 in The Leadership Quarterly. You can find the file under the 'Journal Club' tab.
- Holiday Care Package FundraiserNov. 23, 2020, 5:00 p.m. PST – Nov. 27, 2020, 5:00 p.m. PSTOnline FundraiserSend a care package to let a friend know you're thinking of them, and support a good cause while doing it! Visit https://events.eply.com/CDIHolidayCarePackages3360504?fbclid=IwAR1ksrS-7dyskdlAApbfFVMJGsc11OCK63c0FhuM8RwBb6j6BZu1-t2OfkU to place your order!
- CDI Journal Club MeetingAug. 11, 2020, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.Zoom meeting link sent in email!Our inaugural Journal Club Meeting! This week, we will be discussing the recent Angewandte paper. This is a space for everyone to come and share their thoughts on an EDI paper. We hope this will facilitate discussion on equity, inclusion, oppression, and racism in our department.
- CDI and CGSS Care Package FundraiserJul. 27, 2020, 8:00 a.m. – Aug. 03, 2020, 6:00 p.m.UBC Chemistry DepartmentSend a care package to let a friend know you're thinking of them! CDI and CGSS are partnering to make care packages for charity! They will sell for $10 (or by donation if you want to give more!). Their final contents are a surprise, but you can select alcoholic or non-alcoholic.
No upcoming events at the moment